Monday, July 16, 2018

Up, Down and Dirty for a Cure

I did a last minute mud run this weekend.  Okay, so I had heard about it a couple weeks ago, but I didn’t sign up until this last Thursday.  I just couldn’t resist signing up when I heard about it since it was raising funds for the American Cancer Society.  Obviously, that is very near and dear to me now.

The mud run was over in the Riverside area, and their latest wave was earlier than I normally like when driving that distance, but I went.

It was okay.  There is no way it was the 5K distance they promised me since I was done, cleaned up, and changed in an hour.  Okay, so there was hardly anyone there, which made it easier, but still, I don’t feel like I would have finished that quickly.

Then again, there weren’t a ton of obstacles, which usually slow me down.  And what they had wasn’t that challenging.  There were really only three muddy spots, and they were more liquid than thick mud.

However, I know if I were to ever organize a mud run, it would wind up looking at this, so I can’t complain too loudly.

The best part of the trip was getting to have lunch with Julie, one of my Trixie friends who lives in the area.  I haven’t seen her for a while, so it was fun to chat.  We probably could have talked for longer, but I wanted to get home.  It was about a two hour drives back, and it was Hallmark’s ornament premier, and I wanted to go spend some money and get home to rest.

I got an e-mail today that they are working on doing it again next year.  I’m not sure if I will be back or not.  It will depend on many other things.  I wouldn’t rule it out, but I also wouldn’t set my calendar around it.

No comments: