Thursday, December 03, 2015

Wonderful Trip Home for Thanksgiving

I had a wonderful time at home for Thanksgiving.

The first couple of nights, I spent with my brother and his family, which meant that I got to spend all day with my niece and nephew.  They are so cute!! (I figured I’d get that out of the way early.  You knew it was coming).  That was where everyone gathered for Thanksgiving itself, and we had a great day with family and a family friend.  I got to talk, and we played some games as well, including one I’d brought up for us to play.

I also got to visit with a friend of mine from childhood.  We’d connected on Facebook but hadn’t seen each other face to face in years.  I got to meet his wife and just generally catch up.

Other than that, it was just spending time with family, which was wonderful.  We watched Muppet Christmas Carol one night, and we played more games.

I was sad to leave Monday, but I did get to see my friend Donald and his parents on my drive home, which was nice as well.

No comments: