Friday, July 24, 2015

Frustration

I was pretty frustrated last night by my performance at summer league.  It was a night that just proves how slow I really still am.  I was doing my best, but I couldn’t keep up with anyone at all.  Of course, I’d almost turned around and went home.  I wasn’t feeling super well when I left home or when I got there.  Fortunately, that turned right around and I was able to play.  We only had a couple of subs each for guys and gals, so I couldn’t hide out and just play a couple of points.

We went on a run early on, and were up 6-2 at one point.  But they came back to take half at 7-8.  We finished the game at 11-15, which was better than the previous time we played them when the score was 8-15, so that is something.

And we had two women subs which I think is some kind of record for us.

I’m at the point right now where I’m wondering what I’m really contributing to any team playing ultimate Frisbee.  It’s the point in time where I start thinking about just playing pickup for the foreseeable future.  Fortunately, I don’t have an autumn league, so I just have pickup for the next few months which I enjoy and do better at because we are more relaxed.  That leads me into a false sense of adequacy, so the round can start all over again.  And yes, it is fortunate because most of the time, I do enjoy ultimate.  It would just be nice if we would win more than one game all summer.

No comments: