Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Rough Night

I had high hopes for my ultimate Frisbee game Friday night.  We were coming off a win from our last game, but that was two weeks ago, and the team we were playing had the exact same record as us, 1-4.  However, it was not to be.

We had low numbers of women, and the other team had high numbers of women, so they made our women play almost savage.  And we had issues with the softball game going on.  They made us move our field, so it was on a much shorter field.  We played well for a while, and we even ahead in the first half, but then we just stopped trying and fell behind.

I got scored on a couple of times by the guy I was trying to guard.  He’d run very deep, then back under, then back deep again.  I knew it was coming, but I’d still get scored on.  And boy, I could not get my energy and speed up.  You know that speed I was talking about last time?  Gone.

We didn’t have issues with the lights or the sprinklers this time, but boy those softball players were jerks.  We all celebrated when a fight broke out in their game.  That’s exactly the kind of people they were.  Not that it speaks super well of us.

No comments: