Monday, March 23, 2015

St. Pat’s Hat – Day One

I spent all weekend playing ultimate Frisbee.  It was wonderful!!

This weekend was the annual St. Pat’s Hat tournament here in Southern California.  It’s a two day tournament where you are assigned a team and play with them all weekend.  This was the first time that some of the people I regularly play ultimate with played, and one of them wound up on my team.  And one of our co-captains is someone I’ve known for several years as well.

Unfortunately, Saturday wasn’t a great record for us.  We played four games, and we lost all of them.  Our first two games were close, but we slowly started to get worse and worse as the day went on.  We’d start most of the games ahead and then just stop being able to score and the other team would win the game.

Still, we were playing ultimate Frisbee.  Outside.  In March.  In glorious low 80’s weather.  What’s to complain about?  Absolutely nothing.

Personally, I was much more involved in the action than I thought I would be.  Normally, I get looked off or just can’t get open, but I was able to get open quite a bit and was thrown to.  Unfortunately, I didn’t complete the pass about as often as I did.  But it was still nice to be part of the action.  I did score one of our goals in the final game, too.

Afterward was the party.  I went for about 45 minutes or so – long enough to grab my “free” (already paid for) drink and chat with a few people.

No comments: