Friday, March 27, 2015

Church Cookout

When I was talking about my weekend earlier in the week, I left out one thing I did.  My church had a cookout on Saturday night, and I crashed the party.  Okay, so crashed isn’t quite the right word, but you know what I mean.

I showed up late since I came from the St. Pat’s Hat party, but there was still plenty of food.  I talked to several friends before settling down by the campfire and talking to one couple for a while.  Our pastor brought out his guitar and we sang a few songs as well.

It was a nice, quiet evening, and I really enjoyed it.  It also made me feel a little better about skipping church the next day.  But only a little.

I left after a few people started to leave.  It really cooled off when it got dark out, and since I only had clothes for running around playing ultimate during the day (aka shorts and a tank top) with me, I was starting to get cold.  Plus I had to go home and get ready for day two of the tournament.  Still, I’m really glad I stopped by for the couple of hours I was there.

No comments: