Friday, August 22, 2014

New Job!

So, it’s been obvious to me since week 1 or 2 that the job I started at the end of June wasn’t a good fit for me, and I’ve kept looking.  That’s paid off because I am now officially done with that job!

I’m starting a new job on Monday for a bigger company.  The pay is better, and it’s in town, so I won’t have to get on the freeway.  Considering those colleges start up on Monday and my commute was about to get much, much worse, that’s a very good thing.

I’ll still be doing accounting, but on a much bigger scale since I’ll be responsible for a bunch of branches of the company.  Sounds like it is a lot of work, but I’m looking forward to tackling it and learning more in the process.

I’ve known for a week now but was keeping it fairly quiet until I knew for sure my current job knew I was leaving.  That happened yesterday (finally).  And that’s when it felt real, and I’ve been celebrating.

The only down side is that I have to actually dress up, which has meant buying a new wardrobe.  The hardest part has been dress shoes, but I think I’ve finally found some that will work.  Going to try to buy a second pair tonight after work, in fact.

This new job is temp to hire, but that’s what I was still doing at the job that just ended.  I’m sure I can do it and get hired on there, so I’m very excited overall.

No comments: