Thursday, October 10, 2013

Transmission Trouble

I was almost home from work last Wednesday when I felt a huge shake and heard a loud pop.  I still don’t quite know what I did, but I pulled over to the side of the road to find I was leaking something.  So I started calling for a  tow truck and then started calling friends.

The short version of the outcome is that I have a hole in my transmission and my car has been in the shop since then getting fixed.  Last I’d heard, they hoped to have it for me by Saturday.

Meanwhile, I’m thankful to be using Spencer’s car to get me to and from work.  It would be a double bummer to not have any income coming in while I have this huge expense going out.


I did consider trying to replace my car, but since I’m still working a temp job, I didn’t feel right about taking on a monthly expense.  Hopefully with the rebuilt transmission they are putting in, I can make my car last another year or two, which was my original goal.

No comments: