Thursday, July 25, 2013

Last Week's Ultimate Game

Last Friday night I had my first summer league game in a week and a half.

Everyone was thrilled to see me since I was the only guy sub to show up.  That meant we had one of each.  Not the best numbers, but I’ve seen teams win with those kinds of numbers before.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case for us.  We won the first point (as we often do), but then proceeded to lose handily.  It was our worse lose yet at something like 6-17.  But at least it was a fast game that way.

Hey, I’m trying to find the positive side.

They threw a zone defense on us in the second half, and we struggled with that yet again.  I was a popped for much of it, and I managed to do well in that position.  In fact, I find I like it a little better than being a wing.  Of course, I dropped it once and threw it away another, but I did manage to catch it and pass it on successfully quite a few more times than that as well.


Looks like we’re on our way to matching my team record from the last few leagues I’ve been on.  Oh well, I am having fun out there with my teammates.

No comments: