Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Finished!

Yesterday marked the finish line in the project I’d been working on for essentially six months.

I think I’ve mentioned here before that I was working on copying my reviews to a blog because of the changes happening at Epinions.  I’ve got 2290 review up there as of today, so as you can imagine, it was a mammoth project.

But I did it.  Day in and day out, I kept posting reviews.  And day in and day out, I kept making progress.  It was frustrating at times, but I just kept right on working.

I actually have been putting reviews in draft on my blog in advance of when they would post.  And I got so far ahead that I finished drafting on July 1st.  But the last review didn’t actually go live until yesterday.  So now I feel like the project is really, finally, truly finished.

Of course, now I will be posting new reviews there and at Epinions.  Honestly, I don’t know how much longer Epinions can continue with how low hits are getting.  But we shall see and hopefully it will improve as things go along.  But in the mean time, I’ve already executed my exit strategy if things go wrong.  All my work is not lost, although I would like to back it up in Word.  Yes, that means going through them all again, but no time pressure this time.  Plus, I can do 100 a day or just one if I so desire.  That part will be very nice.

You can’t imagine how excited I was when I got the last one done.  Heck, I was late to ultimate that night because I was so close and just wanted to finish.

And already I’m wondering just how I got that all done since I haven’t had a chance to work on my blog much since then.  I think it was the driving need to get them posted coupled with just needing a break now, but it’s funny to think I managed to get this all done at one point and now can’t find the time even a week later.

So come check them out at Carstairs Considers.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Fantastic!