Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Into Reading Question 5

If it's Wednesday, it's time for this week's Fall Into Reading Question.

Do you skim? Or are you faithful to read every word?

My first reaction to this is always, "Of course I read every word."  And I think I read about 90% of them.

But I confess that there are times I get caught up in the action and my eyes start skimming over things.  This is especially the case with dialog between only two characters.  I'll just read what they are saying and skim over the tags.  And if the descriptions get long and boring, I skim them very quickly.

However, it's never my intent to skim.  And I feel like I read every word on the page.  It think it's more a case of my mind filling in stuff for me, and so my eye skips to the next part it doesn't already know.

I think it would be interesting to see how much I read versus how much I think I read versus how much is on the page some time.  That may be the only way I ever truly know.

No comments: