Monday, June 06, 2011

Mach 1 Mud Run

Well, since last weekend's mud run fell through, I had to find another mud run to take it's place in my quest to hit 6 mud runs this year.  I sighed up for the first ever Mach 1 Mud Run that took place this last Saturday in Corona at the airport.

Mud wise, this was was interesting just because there were only two true mud pits.  Obstacle one was a pit to run through, and they ended with mud we crawled through.  However, they had several area we had to crawl through that included mud an inch or two deep.  It was enough to get mud on me, although all their mud was so thin that I didn't look too muddy at the end.

I was actually surprised by how much fun one of the obstacles was.  They had a rope swing.  We just swung out over a couple of feet of a shallow mud pit.  But it was a blast.  I would have loved to circle back around and do that one again.  The tunnel crawl was pretty cool, too.

All in all, I did have a good time and I got muddy.  The showers had so little water pressure that it was hard to get clean at the end.  All told, I finished in 42:35, which put me in the middle of the pack, my usual place.

What made this one stand out to me was that I had fans there to cheer me on.  My friend Luke and his girlfriend Sarah came out and cheered me on and took some pictures.  I signed up for this one last minute and figured I'd be doing it alone, so it was really nice to have them there.  And it was the first time I had friends at a mud run who weren't running with me.  We hung out for a late lunch as well.  Honestly, that was the highlight of the day for me.

No comments: