Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer League Game 4

Unfortunately, last night was pretty much a reverse of last week's game.  We finished it 8-17, so we did score twice as many points as the team we beat, however.

Honestly, I was expecting that going into the game.  We'd gotten quite a few e-mails from people saying they weren't going to be there.  As it turned out, we were missing several key people.  Then when I got there, I saw who we were playing.  Their captain was my captain last year.  I know how good he and his friend (who was on the team again) are.  The rest of the team was strong as well.

We had 8 people show up.  They had 9 or 10.

Plus the points were short.  We were done in about an hour and a half instead of the normal two hours or so.

And despite the lack of people, I didn't feel like I got to play enough.  The game was over, and I wanted to keep going.

On the plus side, I did get the disc a few times and pass it on successfully.  We had a new guy there who really throws it fast, and I dropped a few from him.  I'm going to have to get used to his throws so I can catch them.  And I did a decent job on D, although I was scored on a few times.  Honestly, we were on scored on.  I felt like I contributed and wasn't the weak link, so that's a good thing in my opinion.

No comments: