Friday, October 01, 2010

What Interesting Weather

We have been having some strange weather this week here in Southern CA.  Monday apparently set the record high for LA for all time.  Not just that date, but ever recorded.  Yep, it was on September 27th.

Meanwhile, it's been humid, at least for California.  No, not humid like I experienced on my trip this summer.  And we've been having local lightning storms.  I saw some off in the distance when I was running Wednesday night.  Apparently there was some last night as well.  And my roommate had a friend stay with us last night, and he said he hit a very small rain storm in Bakersfield on his way down.

All this makes me wonder what I will wind up facing tomorrow weather wise.  When I signed up for the mud run tomorrow, I figured it could be warm, but it would probably be a high of 80 or so.  Looks like it will be around that when we start racing at 9AM.  Really, is it too much to ask for weather that isn't too hot or too cold for a mud run?

Oh, and for those who think a record high temp is proof of global warming, what about how cold our winter was this last year?  Or maybe what about the fact that our summer highs were in the low 90's instead of the low 100's like normal.

But I'm definitely willing to say that something weird is going on.

No comments: