Sunday, May 02, 2010

Other Books Read in April

Since I usually post paragraph or so reviews of books I read on several message boards, I thought I'd start putting that info up here for the books I don't talk about in greater length with links to my Epinions reviews if you are interested in reading more.

So without further ado, here are my other books for April.

THE CALIFORNIA ROLL by John Vorhaus - 4
Radar Hoverlander makes his living as a con man. But when he meets a beautiful woman who wants him to help her grandfather run a scam, he may be in well over his head. This was a fun caper out of my normal cozy realm. Plenty of twists and some characters I could like even if they were normally the bad guys.
THE THIN MAN by Dashiell Hammett - 4
After seeing all the movies, I finally read the book. Nick and Nora Charles are trying to enjoy a Christmas in New York City, but a case involving one of Nick's former clients keeps interrupting the holiday. I found this book lacked some of the spark of the movie version, but it was still enjoyable.

No comments: