Friday, February 12, 2010

The Good and Bad of Last Night's Ultimate Game

Yep, last night was another winter league ultimate Frisbee game. It was a team we had played before. I missed that game, but we won something like 15-5. I was looking forward to playing them, figuring it would be an easy win. If only.

Things were fairly even early on. We were down 5-6, but scored three in a row to end the half 8-6.

Then, in the second half, we started out with a big lead. We got up to 14-10 at one point. And then, once again, we decided we didn't really want to win. We finally did win at 15-13.

Plus, our captain and my friend who got me on the team either broke or dislocated his finger early in the game. I hope he is able to come back.

Personally, it wasn't a good game. I got scored on 5 or 6 times. Run as hard as I could, I couldn't stay with my man when they decided to run into the end zone. Guess I'm still that guy who can't keep up wtih anyone after all.

On the plus side, I got the disc three times, caught and passed it on every single time. So I wasn't responsible for any of the turn overs we had. That makes me very happy.

No comments: