Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mini Review: Mama Does Time

Late last week, I finished Mama Does Time by Deborah Sharp.

Mace Bauer was looking forward to a nice quiet evening at home, but that was before Mama called from jail. Seems the body of a man was found in her trunk, and the nice, new detective in the little town of Himmarshee, Florida, seems to think that makes her a suspect. Mace knows that can't be the case, but the detective just won't listen. And so Mace starts poking around to find a better suspect. Can she prove her mother isn't a murderer?

I've got to admit, I found the pace a tad uneven. I'm not sure why, because most of the chapters ended with some new tid bit about the case. But I often left like we weren't getting anywhere until the end of the chapter.

However, I loved the characters. Mace, her mother, and her sisters are very real and very fun people. I didn't laugh often at the book, but I did have to laugh at some of their exchanges.

I'm definitely planning on reading the next book in the series. In fact, I asked for it for Christmas.

And would you believe this catches me up on my reviews here on the blog? Well, at least until I finish my current read tonight.

1 comment:

Deborah Sharp said...

Hi, there .... thanks for the kind words about ''Mama'' and her three grown gals. When I left the news biz, all I wanted to do was make people laugh writing funny mysteries, so I'm happy you got a smile from my debut, ''Mama Does Time.'' Cheers!