Monday, July 17, 2006

Sometimes, You Just Can't Come Up With a Title

Especially when you just ramble about whatever happens to be on your mind at the time.

The rest of last week was fairly quiet. Which can be good and bad. It gave me time to realize what my non-healing probably means - more surgery. And considering I'm supposed to be camping with my parents in a month, that really concerns me. I need to go camping. I need the break. And if I wait until afterward, then I'm getting dangerously close to Trixie Camp with recovery time. This isn't making me happy.

Adding to the pain was not getting the recognition I thought I was going to get at epinions. I really did think I'd earned a Top Review badge in movies. Oh well. With 255 reviews over there, I can't stop now.

Meanwhile, game night is most likely winding down. Debbie has a new opportunity she wants to persue and needs to free up other time from her schedule. With Konrad and Carol leaving, it drops the regulars to three with others who come semi-regularly. Unfortunately, it seems like the natural time.

All of this combined to make me pretty unhappy Friday night. Fortunately, I had career group Bible Study that night. Being around people and focusing on God was exactly what I needed.

Saturday, I left the house around noon for a book signing. Lee Goldberg was there selling his new Monk novel. Additionally, the couple who just finished the Monk Episode Guide were also there. Naturally, I had to buy that, too.

Unfortunately, the bookstore ran out of Lee's novel. That really was upsetting because it's the next book I plan to read. Fortunately, they were doing another signing later that day, so I headed from Thousand Oaks to Westwood. And they had the book! Crisis adverted.

Of course, that meant I didn't have time to go home before game night like I had originally planned. So I showed up empty handed. But, being the nice people they are, they let me stay anyway. We played Lord of the Rings Monopoly and Kristine won.

As of Friday, I still hadn't found out when my refer appointment was going to be, so I decided to call first thing this morning to set one up. That resolve was hightened when I woke up this morning to find a swollen area at the top of where the wound had once been. I poked at a little, and all kinds of stuff came out of it.

Fortunately, when I called, they got me in to see someone tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately, this makes the theory that I have a track in there somewhere that needs to be opened and drained not seem as crazy as it did a week ago. But there's nothing I can do by worrying about it. I'll just have to see what they come up with tomorrow.

No comments: