Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ketchup

Wow, it's been way too long since I posted here, hasn't it? Hold on to your hats. This will be long.

A week ago, I went in for my second CT scan. I'll find out what the doctors learned Thursday this week. But I will say this, your wait time is significantly less if you have an appointment then if they are working you in.

Wednesday night, I went to a concert by Christian group downhere. They were here in town, and it was a free concert. On the down side, it was youth group night for Grace Baptist (who was hosting the concert). I think I was the only person there who didn't attend the church. And I wasn't feeling up to par, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I might have.

They had just released a new CD the day before, and were selling it for $10. I'm glad I waited to get it that night! Unfortunately, most of the songs were from the new CD. I would have prefered to hear more from the CD's I already had, but it wasn't unexpected. Afterward, they were signing autographs, so I got the CD signed as well as one of their "Rockstars Need Money" shirts. Overall, it was a great evening. And their new CD is awesome. Their best to date!

Thursday, I got a pleasant surprise from Amazon. They offered me a free three month trial of their "Amazon Prime" shipping. So all my orders for the next three months will be two day. I think I can live with that. I just need to remember to turn it off in mid-August so I don't get charged their $72 annual fee for the service.

Debbie hosted the game night Saturday. Had a good time playing Imaginiff.

Church was very empty Sunday. Not only was it Memorial Day Weekend, but the Christian school had let out the week before. (In fact, I spent Thursday and Friday at graduations). I bet we had half the normal attendance. We had a potluck that night, and I actually brought something. I made Joanne Fluke's Cherry Cheesecake. Ok, so I did a strawberry version. I was going to use real strawberries, but the ones I could find to buy didn't seem that good, so I used a strawberry pie filling. Good, but not as good as it would have been with fresh fruit. It was about 3/4 gone when everything was over, however, so I consider it a success.

Monday, I went with Debbie to Universal Studios. Yep, the second time I've used my pass, which expires in a month. We were there about 8 hours, but did everything at least once. Not a big park, but fun and interesting for those of us obsessed with the movie. What was really nice was that Debbie went with me even though she went back again today with her sister and her family. Debbie's going to be giving her new pass quite the workout!

Hm, maybe that wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be. But that's my week.

No comments: