Monday, January 02, 2006

So, You Want to Hear About Last Week?

I had a great week, week and a half, what ever it was with my parents.

Traffic was light on the way up on Friday the 23rd. I had hoped it would be, but it wasn't a guarentee.

Christmas went better then I thought it would. My bro and sister-in-law weren't able to make it out from Texas. Plus Christmas has been very hard on Mom since we started loosing my grandparents in 1999. It was hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. We talked for two hours to B and SiL on Christmas Eve. Openned presents with them that day. Well, except for SiL who hadn't gotten my present yet. Fortunately she got it in the mail Tuesday. I need to mail presents earlier next time. Mom got three different mailbox covers this year. Maybe I should have gone with something else for a little variety.

Most of the week was quiet. Dad worked and Mom and I hung out at home trying to stay out of the rain. We played lots of games and got some work done around the house.

Friday night, I went down to spend the night with Donald and Heather. Great to see them and their new place. After getting thoroughly beaten by Donald twice on the Stock Market Game, I beat him on Scrabble. Ok, so in some ways he let me win, but it was still a surprise to me.

The bad storm moved in Friday night, so getting back to Mom and Dad's Saturday was rather hard. The route I normally take was closed, so I had to work around it. Took me a while, but I made it. Dad had to go into work Saturday for a while to make sure they won't have any major flooding problems, which was too bad.

We had a quiet New Years. Went to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe then came back home and played games.

It was raining almost the entire way home yesterday. Still, it was better then the spot where the wind was so strong it was rattling the windows. Again, traffic was fine. An uneventful trip down, the best kind.

Storm really hit here today. Strong winds and hard rain. Blew down a tree outside my front window. A little ways away from my unit. Can't quite tell if it hit a car or landed between them. And Casey and I are about to venture out to finally go see Chicken Little.

Unfortunately, it wasn't all fun and games last week. Casey has decided to move out. He's moving to a place closer to work and with people who attend this church. As someone without a car I can see that.

However, it once again leaves me with one roommate. After having two roommates for only two months. On top of this, Casey and I get along so well. I'm upset at having a friend move out and devistated to be back to needing a roommate desperately. I am so sick and tired of the roommate shuffle yet don't see how I can possibly get that to change in the near future. Yes, I need to start looking for another job again pronto. And maybe it's time for me to think about moving out of Santa Clarita. Now you know I'm depressed, right?

No comments: