Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I had a blast last night. Naturally, I left my office later then I had intended to. Started working on the powerpoint slides for worship Thursday night, and discovered that two of the songs I didn't already have typed up, so that added some extra time. Anyway, left here just in time to get to the bookstore right on time. And I ran into Jan, friend from Linda's bookstore I hadn't seen since April. We wound up talking until almost 10 PM. Yep, got home later then I had planned on. But it was a great time.

Meanwhile, Jerrilyn knew us right away and we chatted for a couple minutes. Not as long as I would have liked, but there was a huge line waiting for get books signed. Still, she signed the new hardback for me and two copies of the softback of the last book with my name in it. And when Jan saw that, she bought one and had both of us autograph it. Yes, that was fun, too.

Woke up this morning with the pipes making a horrendous racket again. I can't figure out what it is, but every time it does it, it will drive me crazy until I figure it out. And that means I'll be awake when I'd rather be asleep.

And they finally came from the HOA and fixed my wall from the hole they cut into it last month to fix the leak. No more plastic blowing whenever the door is opened or closed. They want to come back one more time for touch up and paint, but I'm thinking I'll wait on that until I have a better idea what's going on with the repipe. If that's happening, odds are they'll need to cut a hole in that spot to repipe, so I think it'd be better to leave it as is until the repipe is done.

So that's the exciting news in the land of Mark. Now to get home and watch 24 from last night.

No comments: