Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Last night, I went over to Pete's for dinner. Then we played Match 4. Basically, it's Connect Four, but 3-d. Usually, I beat him at it steadily, but last night I couldn't keep track of stuff to save my life. Maybe because I was exhausted. I was home, in bed, lights out, by 10:30. Very early for me. Still, a very nice time.

One thing I forgot to mention about my weekend. I also bought another six-pack of impatiens to plant by the front door. Now it looks even less like I had a plan when planting them. But they should grow and fill in withing the next couple of weeks.

Today, they announced they're giving us another holiday, July 3rd, making it a four day weekend. And they couldn't have let us know, say a couple weeks ago, when we could have actually planned something? (Yep, I'm complaining about getting an extra paid day off work.) I'm going to try to get in touch with Mike Lovell and see if I can visit him at Hume Lake over the fourth. Going home isn't an option since they'll be down the very next week. I should stay in town, but I hate to mess up a four day weekend like that.

Sun was out all day today. Was probably around 80. Let the rejoicing begin! At least for me.

Of course, the upside of the cool weather we've been having is the lack of summer fires. Remember, we'd had at least 10 by this point last year.

And Trixie Belden #'s 1 & 2 hit the stores today. Won't be looking for them, because they're on their way from Walmart.com. If you haven't pre-ordered or bought them yet, go do so now. That's an order. Unless of course you can't for budgetary reasons.

And, to finish out the day, Mary's Tuesday Two.

1. I’ve been eagerly awaiting both the re-release of Trixie and the new Harry Potter book. Other than these, name something you’ve eagerly waited for.
The second season of Alias. (Not quite there with season 3 yet.) Babylon 5 sets on DVD. The fifth Jerrilyn Farmer book. Finding Nemo.

2. In the very first line of Secret of the Mansion, we hear Trixie tell her mother that “she’d just die” if she didn’t have a horse. What was something you wanted that badly in your childhood?
An Atari 2600. I saved my money, and got one, too. Still works, and I still play it occasionally.

No comments: