Sunday, June 15, 2003

It's later then I wanted it to me. I really have too many sites to visit on the internet when I've been gone for a day or two. Anyway, let's start with the Thursday Threesome, brought to us this week by Poe and The Back Porch. (BTW, thanks for the mention, Susansuth!)

Onesome: Quoth- Do you use quotations much? ..at all? What is your favorite quote? ...and why, pray tell?
Not in my everyday life. There are certain phrases I tend to use regularly, but we've been over that before. And I really can't think of a favorite off the top of my head, either.

Twosome: the Raven- The symbol of the raven has a lot of mythology and superstition attached. How are you in this area? Do you avoid ladders with black cats perched on them on Friday the thirteenth? ...or do you just toss a pinch of salt over your shoulder and move along about your business? Hmmm?
I try to avoid walking under ladders just because it's dangerous. I'll notice Friday the thirteenth (like two days ago) but that's about it. Not especially suspersitious about stuff like that.

Threesome: Nevermore- ...and the softball of the week: What is it that you've tried that is on the "Nevermore" list? ...and do people even dare to bring it up around you?
I'm not a fish person. Don't like IN N OUT (burger joint here in CA.) But probably the biggest thing right now would be backpacking. (Now how's this for a transition.)

Thursday, we got to Yosemite and camped on the valley floor. That was lots of fun. Friday, we split off into two groups and that's when the unfun stuff started. The group I was in had to hike 5 miles with our packs on our back. Not that big a deal. Except that we had to climb 3000 feet in a mile and a half of that. By the time we finally got to the top, all of us were dying, including OtherSeth and Dave. Which made me feel a little better, naturally.

Marcus gave me way more then I really needed to carry. But the one thing I was extremely greatful for was his walking stick. That thing helped me so much while walking on the trail. Don't know what I would have done without it.

I'm trying to look on the bright side, however. I found out I don't like backpacking for a realitivly small amount of money and no equipement purchase because I borrow so much from Marcus.

Now, I need to get my mosquito bitten body (little Dave counted 14 bites on my left arm alone) and blistered left foot home to unpack and pack for river rafting tomorrow. That should be loads of fun. See you in a couple.

No comments: