Sunday, January 07, 2024

December 2023 - I Was Home for Christmas

(Just a quick note:  If you are landed here because of a comment I left on your book blog, you might be more interested in my review blog, Carstairs Considers.  But you are very welcome to stick around here, too.)

Naturally, I went north again for Christmas.  This time, the complication was my health.  I got what I thought was a mild cold, but developed into a low fever and cough.  The fever only lasted three days or so, but the cough is still hanging on, even now (as of when I'm tying this on New Year's Day).

But my family said to come on up, and I wasn't about to argue.  For one thing, I don't think I'm contagious.  And it's more annoying than anything else.  (If I had tested positive for Covid or the flu, it would have been different, but I was negative for both.)

And I had a great time.  I didn't have any repeats of the traffic drama on the way up, although it was sluggish on the drive back on the 26th.  Still nothing like it was going.

I was there for three full days.  And they were pretty chill.  We all went out looking at Christmas lights one night, which was great.  My brother had mapped out a plan of attack, and he did a great job leading up to some fun displays.  Sunday was Christmas Eve, which meant a morning and evening service this year instead of just the Christmas Eve evening service.  And I loved how they rearranged things for the evening service with us around the instruments and improvised stage in the middle.

Christmas Day, we were at my parents' all day.  My uncle and aunt came over for a while.  We opened presents and had a great meal.

As I said, it was chill.  Which was wonderful.

No comments: