Monday, September 20, 2021

Labor Day Weekend

I am fast hitting burnout.  I don't know that Labor Day could have come at a better time for me.

It came right after a busy quarter end at work, a quarter end that was busier than we'd seen in a while since business is finally picking up post COVID again.  It was rough, and I was burned out.

Saturday, I had to get out of the condo, so I headed down to Santa Monica and the beach.  Yes, I just sat on the beach and read most of the time, but it was so nice to be able to do something like that outside the condo for a change.

Sunday was the usual - church and ultimate Frisbee.  We had a very small turn out for ultimate - only four of us.

Then came Monday.  My friend who hosted the BBQ for Memorial Day hosted another one for Labor Day, so I went over there and hung out with his friends again.  And I had another great time.  Again, it was nice to be out of the condo and just relax around other people.

As much as I do love working from home and have no desire to go back to the office again, I do find that I enjoy social contact more when I am out.  It makes sense in a way - you are around people you know and like and are choosing to be around.  Not to say that I haven't made friends with co-workers over the years.  But it isn't the same.

No comments: