Friday, April 15, 2016

LA Times Festival of Books – 2016

As I mentioned Wednesday, I went to the LA Times Festival of Books this last Saturday.  It was cloudy and threatened rain all day, although it didn’t rain as much as they predicted it might.  It poured for about 10 minutes at one point, and sprinkled a little off and on, but nothing much worse than that.

The day started out with a pleasant surprise when I found an author I thought was going to be there on Sunday only was there.  Fortunately, I put his books in my car just in case, so I dashed to my car (literally) and back, bought his new book, and got all three signed all within 15 minutes.

All that was before Angelique showed up, too.

The rest of the day was spent wandering around with her and talking to mystery authors.  We pretty much spent the time hanging out in the mystery section chatting.  While the festival isn’t nearly as great as it used to be, it is still fun and a great chance to find out what our favorite authors are up to.

The rain definitely kept the crowds down, although it was a nice change to not be roasting, which is usually the case.  I kept some plastic grocery bags in my backpack and wrapped books in those.  Then my backpack was under my jacket.  It made it hard to get in and out of my backpack, but my books were all dry.

I left late afternoon instead of staying until the event ended so I could hit another book signing.  The author I really wanted to catch was only at the festival on Sunday, and I couldn’t make it back that day.  There were a total of three authors there and lots of kids, since they are kids book authors.  It was a fun event.

It made for a long day, but it was a great day.

No comments: