Friday, March 06, 2015

Closing Out the Season with a Win

Yes, we got another win on Tuesday night.  And it was our best win to date with a final score of 15-8.  We were playing Rooks again, a team we beat earlier in the season.  That first game was very close, and they actually got a win after our game, so it wasn’t a give me.  In fact, I was a little surprised by just how far apart our scores turned out to be.

Of course, the score was tied several times up through 3-3.  That was when we started to pull away.  We almost won when they had 6, but that disc didn’t quite go in.

It was funny because earlier in the day, I was thinking about how I hadn’t gotten my score of the season yet since I normally do score at least once a season.  The first point of the half, Travis threw a long throw to Billy, and I took off running for the end zone since it was obvious he wouldn’t be in the end zone.  By the time Billy caught it and was ready to throw it, I wasn’t alone in the end zone as far as teammates goes, but I was still the person who was most open.  Yes, I got my score!

So now it’s down to the tournament on Saturday.  We are ending the season with a 4-4 record.  However, all of those wins are to the two teams who are at the bottom of the standings because we played them twice each.  My guess is we will be facing them again on Saturday, but we will see how it all shakes out.

No comments: