Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Winter League 2015

As I hinted at last week, I’m playing winter league again this year.  And, I’m even on the same team.  That’s right, KAPOW! is back in action.  This is only the first time I’ve played winter league back to back or on the same team in winter league.  Granted, it’s also only the fourth time I’ve played winter league in the 15 years I’ve been playing ultimate down here.

The games are in a different location this year, and it’s actually closer to home, which is wonderful.  Unfortunately, we have way too many people on the team.  Like 20 guys are showing up each week for 4 spots on the field.  You do the math.  It’s why I’ve only played two points a game so far.

Our record is 1-2.  And I didn’t even play in the game we won; I was too burned out from working 11 hours that day, although I do go to cheer them on.  Our general lack of ultimate strategy and experience outside of pick up is coming into play again, not to mention most of the teams at our level aren’t back this year.

But we are having fun, and I like getting to hang out with everyone one night during the week.  I’ve pretty much written this season off for playing time, but that’s much better than cutting people and hurting feelings.

No comments: