Thursday, January 15, 2015

Quiet New Year

You know, I didn’t intend to leave this hanging for the last week and a half.  Yes, that’s how crazy life has been in the last couple of weeks.  But that’s another blog.  For today, we are going to blog about New Years.

Which is so incredibly thrilling and exciting a topic.  Actually, it was kind of nice.  I got off early on Wednesday.  I was thinking about going to a giant ultimate Frisbee game, but it had been super windy the day before, so I didn’t wind up doing that.  Turns out I really missed out.  Anyway, I decided to go to a movie and then head home.  I spent the evening working on taking down my Christmas decorations.

Thursday morning, I got up and went to hang out with my friend Kurt.  I haven’t seen him in ages.  I got to see his new house and hang out with him and his kids for a while.  When we got back to his house, I got to see his wife, Kellie, for a while as well.

Later in the afternoon, I played some ultimate Frisbee in town.  The wind had died down.  It was chilly but fun.

And in between?  I worked hard on taking down the rest of my Christmas decorations.  I must say, when I don’t get as many up as I had planned, it is super easy to take them all down.  I actually finished on New Year’s Day.

What was my motivation to get them all down?  That Monday, I bought a Wii U, telling myself I couldn’t start playing it until I had everything put away.  And I pulled it out and played with it on New Year’s Day.  So far, I’m playing Mario Kart 8 the most, which isn’t too surprising.  Mario Kart is a blast.  Haven’t played with it too much since I’ve been busy at work, but it’s been a lot of fun when I have pulled it out.

No comments: