Tuesday, September 09, 2014

A Day at the Beach

Saturday was a nice, fun, relaxing day.

It all started because of getting together with friends for brunch.  The original group was supposed to be bigger, but it wound up just being Sue Ann Jaffarian, an author I love, and Heide.  Instead of our normal trip to Disneyland (part of the group who was missing is the reason we meet down there), we met up at a restaurant in Santa Monica.  We were a few miles from the beach, but it was still cooler than at home.  We had a grand time eating and just talking.  In fact, we were there almost four hours.

But I couldn’t be all that way down there and not go to the ocean.  I managed to find a parking spot a few blocks away and went down and enjoyed the beach.  I started out heading a little south and looking at the stores in Venice right on the beach.  Then I headed back up north and went out on the Santa Monica Pier.  I hadn’t been out there for a couple of years.  Granted, there isn’t a whole lot of excitement there, but I enjoyed it.

And yes, I jumped in the ocean twice while I was walking out there as well.  The water was a little chilly, but it always is, and I enjoyed it.

All told, it was a very pleasant day.

No comments: