Monday, September 15, 2014

Survived My First Month End

I don’t remember if I’d mentioned it before or not, but my new job closes in 9 business days.  That put the close for the first month on Friday.  And it turns out that days 8 and 9 are crazy busy.

Up until that point, I was doing pretty well, or at least I thought I was.  There was nothing too bad happening, and I was on top of things.

Then I got hit by the tidal wave.  All my centers took a look at their preliminary statements and started requesting changes.  It was a crazy 24 hours when I had to get all that stuff researched and journaled as needed.

In fact, by noon on Friday, I was feeling very overwhelmed.  However, my boss told me that afternoon that I was doing about as well as most new people they brought in.  Obviously, I was hoping for above average, but I will certainly take it.


Now the trick is to figure out how I will improve so that next month they’ll see the changes.  Because I really want to keep this job.  The commute is awesome, the pay is good, and the people are nice.

No comments: