Friday, July 26, 2013

And a Mud Run

So I followed up my ultimate game last Friday night with, what else?, a mud run.  I had learned about one just half an hour from me when I got a great discount code for it.  And since I was looking for one I could do with a couple of friends before one of them left at the end of the summer, this was perfect.  Plus my roommate joined us as well.

We got there late, but that wasn’t an issue because it was a very small mud run.  In fact, there were no more than 12 in our wave, and we finished near the front.  Most of the time, we didn’t see anyone else while we were on the course.

Maybe it was the lack of crowds, but it just didn’t quite feel like an official mud run.  Or maybe it had to do with the lack of mud out there.  It was definitely more run early on.

On the other hand, they had water slides.  We slid down tarps into water pits at the bottom.  This was definitely fun.  I’m remembering just how much I love water slides.  I need to go on them more often.

All told, we had fun and we got muddy, so that was all that truly matters, right?


Afterward, we hit up a steak place not too far from me.  I used to eat there years ago, but I hadn’t gone back since I loved right down the street.  It was just as good as I remembered.  Now I need to figure out a time to go back.

2 comments:

That Loud Redhead said...

Yay for you on the impromptu mud run! Personally, I'm more excited about the steak, but that's just me. ;)

Mark Baker said...

Well, now that I've remembered how good that restaurant is, I'm planning when I can go back.