Wednesday, November 09, 2011

FIR Question #7

It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another Fall Into Reading Question.  Actually, we get two this week.

Is there a book that has had a tremendous impact on your life? One that made you look at life in a whole new way, or caused you to completely change something in your life?

As a Christian, the easy answer is the Bible.  And it has made me reexamine my life at various times when I have run across a passage that convicted me of something I was doing wrong or encouraged me that I was right about something.

However, that seems to easy for me.  Then again, I'm not sure about any book I've read that really changed my life that much.  That is one downside of reading mostly fiction, I guess.

And now, for the bonus question.

How is your Fall Into Reading coming along? Are you on track? Ahead of schedule? Falling behind?

It's funny this came up today (we're about half way through the season, although it feels like winter out there).  I had 20 books on my original list, and I've made it through 9 of them, so I'm not too far off track.  However, I've read a couple of books that weren't on my list originally, so I've read 11 so far.  Granted, both of those books were very short, but I'm still counting them.  I have some longer books on my list still, so we'll see how I did in the second half of fall.  I'm hoping to at least get the books from Spring read.

No comments: