Friday, November 11, 2011

Wednesday's Bowling

I believe I've mentioned that one of my roommates has started organizing a bowling night on his day off.  One of the local bowling alleys has a deal where for $10 you get three hours of bowling and your shoe rental - minimum three people per lane.  It's a fun way to hang out with friends and rather cheap, too.

This last week, for the first time that I've gone, we only had three of us - my roommate Spencer, my former roommate Daniel, and myself.  All three of us are around the same level of play, and we try to get as many games in as we can.

We managed to get 8 games in, although I think they let us go a couple minutes past closing.  They sure shut it down the instant our 8th game was over.

To show how evenly matched we are, Daniel and I won three games each, and Spencer won the other two.

And Daniel and I broke 1000 points by the end of the last game.  Not by much.  I was the point leader for the night, and I hit 1045.

I realize that the 130.6 average isn't that big a deal to those who bowl regularly, but we were all happy with it.  Now, we just need to increase our scores so we can crack 1000 on normal nights when we play 5 or 6 games.

No comments: