Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011

Is it already time for fall to start?  Can't believe it, especially since it's 100 degrees out today.  But the calendar says it is, and Callapidder Days is ready for people to sign up for her Fall Into Reading 2011 challenge, so let's get to it.

As always, I'm going to start off with books from previous challenges I still haven't read.

Fall 2010 Unread Book:
Dog On It by Spencer Quinn

Spring 2011 Unread Books:
Formula for Murder by Diana Orgain
Killer Routine by Alan Orloff
The Albuquerque Turkey by John Vorhaus

I'm very tempted to just leave the list there and make sure I got through those, but I'm not going to do that (although I do want to make it through these books).  I'm trying not to get too carried away with the rest of my list, but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Fall also coincides with a reviewing challenge I host every year at Epinions, the website where I write reviews, so you'll see some Disney titles in the list.  (Here's my profile page on Epinions.  As you can see, I review lots of stuff other than books.)

Other books I want to read this Fall:
Quickstep to Murder by Ella Barrick (about half way through this one right now)
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Naught in Nice by Rhys Bowen
Heat Rises by Richard Castle
NERDS: The Cheerleader of Doom by Michael Buckley
Darkwing Duck: F.O.W.L. Disposition
The Last Muskiteer by Stuart Gibbs
Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play by Ridley Pearson
Peter and the Secret of Rundoon by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
The Chocolate Castle Clue by JoAnna Carl
A Case of Hometown Blues by W. S. Gager
In Service to the Mouse by Jack Lindquist
The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney by Michael Barrier
Hidden Mickey by Nancy Temple Rodrigue and David W. Smith
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowlings (a reread)

I do reserve the right to add a couple more titles to this list once I get home and look at my shelves.  I know there is something I planned to include that I'm forgetting.

Which is very scary.  I was going to cut down on the number of books I included in the challenge so I could finish my list for a change.  Instead, I've got 20 listed.  Okay, one is a comic book, so that I can read in an hour.  But the kid's books on here are relatively long and will still take some time to read and enjoy.

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

4 comments:

Sandra Stiles said...

Haven't read NERDS: The Cheerleaders of Doom. Must get it for my school shelves. Good luck with your reading.

Katrina said...

Yes, you better get busy! My tween has enjoyed the Kingdom Keepers books -- especially after we went to Disney last fall. And I keep thinking I'd like to re-read the Harry Potter series (and watch the movies as I finish each book), but that hasn't happened yet... One of these days. Thanks for being part of the challenge, Mark!

Amy said...

What?! There are Darkwing Duck BOOKS?? I have to look into this immediately. Great list!

Mark Baker said...

Sandra, the NERDS book just came out. I've certainly enjoyed the first two.

Katrina, the Kingdom Keepers books are tons of fun. They have some flaws, but I can overlook them because of the fun. And I'd said I would reread HP after the last movie came out, so now it's time to work my way back through them.

Amy, the DD books are comic books. I just learned about them in the spring, and I enjoyed the first two I read. They're fast reads, but totally worth it for fans.