Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer League Game 3

Last night was the third game of this season's summer league.  Before the game, we were talking about how the team was young and fast but probably inexperienced.  I knew that would be a problem for me keeping up with whoever I was supposed to be guarding.  And I was right.  I was running hard almost the entire time I was on the field every time.

However, that hardly mattered.  We won 17-4!  What's funny is the other game going on last night was also a blow out like that.

I was only thrown the disc once and dropped it.  However, after the game, I was praised for how good I was during the zone defense (guarding one area, not chasing one man around the field).  That felt good, especially considering the source.  I've often thought I was good during z defense, so it was nice to hear that from someone else.

We're in the middle of some heat (which will be dropping again this weekend), and it was still quite warm last night.  The game was over so quickly that we played some pick up afterward.  I was dripping with sweat at 10 at night afterward.  It felt wonderful.  I love summer evenings like that, and that's one thing I love about summer league.

No comments: