Saturday, March 12, 2011

TV Recap for March 12th

I think we've hit March.  How can I tell?  Well, look at the size of this recap vs. the ones I was doing two weeks ago during February sweeps.  Heck, even this one is low compared to last week.  But I am busy enough with others things right now that I will definitely take this.

The Amazing Race - Well, you know which part of the detour I would have done. Let's see, mud or freezing cold water. Of course, it sounds like it was plenty cold out, so I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the mud so much. The Cowboys really need to get their act together if they are doing to stay in the competition. But they sure looked like they were having fun in the mud. Felt sorry for Mel and Mike. I'm not their biggest fans, but I always hate to see a team quit.

V - Okay, so I was only half watching this week while trying to get my new mp3 player to hook up with my computer. Basically, it looks like they were setting things up for the season finale. And next week looks to be quite interesting. Sadly, I have a feeling it will really leave us hanging and turn into a series finale. Hopefully, it won't be too bad a cliffhanger, right?

White Collar - I can't believe they resolved so much with this episode. The big story we've been wondering about for two years is gone. Of course, how they left it between Peter and Neal will be a great way to lead into next year. Is it summer yet?

Survivor - Russell is gone! Honestly, that guy needs to get over himself. Okay, so he might have been right about how stupid those playing with him were, but he should give them credit for one thing, they got rid of him when no one else did. Meanwhile, Phillip is driving me crazy, and I don't have to live with him 24/7. Please tell me he's done next week. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Fairly Legal - I wonder if this episode was written for earlier in the season. It sure seemed like it with the sub-plot of Leonardo meeting the sandwich girl. Since we've already seen her, that just seemed weird. Speaking of weird, the sub-plot involving the online game was also just strange. Fun, but strange. The main story? Very moving, especially the final scene. Yes, overly complicated and soap operaish, but I love happy endings, and seeing everyone in the coffee shop at the end made me smile.

Big Bang Theory - Ouch! I wonder where they will be with this story of Penny and Leonard not being able to hang out with each other any more. This is going to make things very interesting on the show. And is it just me, or does anyone else think the Penny/Leonard relationship is a bit like Ross and Rachel from Friends. And yes, I was thinking that even before I started rewatching season 3 of Friends. Anyway, the sub-plot with the magic trick was hysterical. I loved how Sheldon kept going to greater and greater lengths to figure it out. But the big reveal that it was all a set up was the best part.

No comments: