Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Touristy Saturday

Saturday, I felt like a complete tourist.

Sanjay and I met up for a training hike/run, but this time we hiked up to the Hollywood sign.  Yeah, I've lived here 15 years and never done that before.  So you can't really hike up to the sign itself, but you can hike to a place to get some nice pictures from below, and then you can hike to the top of the hill so you are actually over the sign.  From the top, you can see Burbank and Glendale to one side and downtown LA on the other.  Probably could have seen the ocean if there weren't some clouds in the sky.

The trail is pretty much up hill one way and downhill back the other.  We tried a little running uphill, but we started on one of the most up hill parts, so that got tired quickly.  We did run at least a mile and a half down hill on the way back, which made me feel better.  After all, if I am running three miles around here (like I did this morning), I should be able to run more than I did that day.

And the weather was perfect.  Remember, last Saturday was a cold day with snow flurries.  This Saturday was around 80.  That meant there were lots of people out on the trail with us enjoying the weather.  But I didn't care because the weather was absolutely perfect.  Warm enough to work up a good sweat, but not so warm that you think you're going to roast to death.

We're talking about doing it again, and actually running it this time.  It's a 5 mile round trip, which is half of the Tough Mudder we're doing.  Seems like great practice.

No comments: