Thursday, May 06, 2010

Flying By

As you are reading this, I am flying to Dallas for my brother's seminary graduation.  It's going to be a whirlwind trip with all the various activities going on, but I am looking forward to going so I can celebrate with him and see my niece.  No, really, it's in that order.  I've been telling every what I am doing and why, so I really do think of it in that order.  The only downside is I have quite a few friends graduating from the college I work for Friday night, and I will miss their graduation.

Actually, it's been a while since I posted about my life.  Where do I even begin?

I've signed up for my third mud run this year.  I'm doing the July edition of Irvine Lake with a buddy from ultimate Frisbee.  Looking forward to it.  Just found out about one in San Bernardino in two weeks, but I keep telling myself I don't need to sign up for it.

Meanwhile, my training for Camp Pendleton keeps coming along.  I'm up to about 5 miles at my slow and steady pace.  I think I am going to have to cut out the hill in the park, or at least not hit it every run.  My knees really bother me after that.

The big news in my life is the roommate cituation.  I have one confirmed roommate for the summer (who moves in while I'm gone).  I've got another couple possibilities for summer roommates, but we'll see if they pan out or not.

But I'm going to have three roommates in the fall.  One will probably move out early in 2011, but the added income until then will be nice.  And I really am looking forward to not having a roommate search for a while.  They all seem like great guys, too.  Of course, that means I need to clean up the junk in my room and throw some stuff out.  I've got a couple months to put that off before I need to do it, however.

The weather sure has decided to turn nice.  It's been in the 80's all week, my kind of weather.  I hope it is sticking around permanently.

Work has been crazy this last week, geering up for the board meetings tomorrow.  Plus we are all moving around again.  I'm going to wind up with a smaller office.  I've gotten spoiled in the last year.  But I will still have a window, so I'm not complaining too much.

Think those are the headlines.  Can't think of anything else major happening right now, anyway.

No comments: