Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Finally, A Slow Weekend

This last weekend, I got the slower pace I was craving.

Since it was Good Friday, we got off at noon.  Now, I know that most people don't get any time off for Good Friday, but I work at a Christian college.  They give the students (and professors) all day off.  So remind me why staff has to work half a day?

Anyway, I got home and went for a run.  Covered close to 3.5 miles, including some hills.  Boy, was it painful and slow going, but I made it.  I spent the rest of the day catching up on TV and finally watching a movie I had borrowed from some friends months ago.  Wasn't the best, but I finally got it off my list.

Saturday was a very lazy day.  I started by finishing my book.  Then I went to ultimate Frisbee.  We actually had a total of 8 people show up, so we had a good game of 4 on 4.  Hopefully, this is a sign of the game coming back to life.  Came home and watched a movie I'd had on my DVR since June.  At least I got what I paid for with it.

Sunday started at church.  We had one combined service, and it was packed.  I got there a couple minutes late, and barely got a parking spot and a seat.

Sunday afternoon, Daniel and I went over to the Scroggins for dinner.  They fixed a great meal, and we had a good time hanging out with people and playing a few games.

When I got back, I still headed over to Joe and Erica's for a little Middleman (I still miss that show) and fellowship.

Yes, for a quiet weekend, I was still fairly busy, especially on Sunday.  But I felt like it was slower.  I really think that extra few hours on Friday really helped with that.  Now I am rested up and ready for the fast pace that will be the next few weekends.  May looks to be a slower month, at least for now.  We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: