Friday, May 23, 2008

Two Late Thursday Threesomes

Yes, I'm back. And I do intend to blog about my trip. But right now, let's play catch up on Thursday Threesomes

Onesome: Mark--ing devices? What do you use to mark things up around the house, school, work, wherever? Does the Sharpie rule? ...or do you believe in the sanctity of the pencil ?
Whatever is handy and does the job. Most of the time, I grab whatever pen is closest. But I do have some pencils and one Sharpie around the house.

Twosome: "My-- day starts off best when I......" I'll let you fill in the blank at your place!
Get up on time (says the guy who got to work late today because he over slept.)

Threesome: Words-- of a feather clump together? Nah, but hey: what word pairings do you use routinely? Are you into alliteration? ...pithy comments? 'Down home' sayings? Give it up for Thursday!
On the other hand, I find myself using "On the other hand" quite a bit.

Onesome: Anna's Tax-- Okay, what is the most onerous tax you've ever run across? Yes, alcohol and tobacco can fit in, but I was thinking of some regional quirk...
Use tax, which means I have to pay sales tax on items I purchase from out of state buy have shipped to CA. Get your hands off my money, already. Especially at 8.25%

Twosome: Wholesale-- or retail? Do you prefer to drive to the wholesale stores to save over the regular store prices? ...or does the handy 5000 pack of macaroni and cheese not work for you?
I'm not a member of any wholesale stores, so I will go to the regular stores, obviously. Of course, I am a regular shopper at Wal-Mart.

Threesome: Sale-- Do you have 'Tax Free' sales in your area? Every so often one of the hardware places has a "We Pay the Sales Tax" weekend. ...and hey, 8% is 8%!
Yes, furniture and hardware stores around here do it quite regularly. But since I hardly ever buy stuff from them, it really doesn't matter to me. Now if the local bookstores would do that....

No comments: