Friday, May 02, 2008

Mini Review: Killer Mousse

Today's mini review is of Killer Mousse by Melinda Wells. (As always, the link takes you to my full Epinions review.)

Della Carmichael has been given the opportunity to host a cooking program on the Better Living Network. But on the first night of her live show, her taste tester dies from the dessert.

Mimi Bond was the previous host of the networks cooking shows, and she was a despised woman. Even though Della had just met her that night, the police seem to be looking at her as the best suspect. Can she figure out who did it and keep her new job?

I wanted to like this book more than I did. The plot was decent, and I liked Della.

However, the plot seemed to get sidetracked by stories that had nothing to do with anything. I was kept expecting them to provide a clue or something, but they never did. Worse yet, they were in the last 100 pages of the book.

More fatally was the romantic sub-plot. I hated every aspect of it. And it was unrealistic to boot.

So, while I wanted to like it, I can't recommend this book.

No comments: