Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Keeping Up With the Blog

Every so often, you need to post about your life, right? At least if that's the "theme" of your blog.

My wound continues to...I don't know. I'm keeping the dressings changed once a day. I just can't tell if it's getting better or what exactly it's doing. I think part of that is because I don't really know what it's supposed to be doing with this new dressing on it.

On top of that, I have decided to get stomach cramps once a week the last couple of weeks. This week it was yesterday. Instead of going home and writing reviews (which I really need to do), I went home and lay around watching TV. It worked. I fell better today. Well, except for my back, which is killing me at the moment, no matter how I try to sit.

Man, I'm getting so old!

On a happier note, I got together with Debbie Saturday and we went to see Pirates again. I think I enjoyed it more the second time around, although I still wanted some kind of resolution. Still, knowing one wasn't coming made the disappointment so much less.

Friday night was the career Bible study. I stayed late talking, and it was really nice. Then I got home and was inspired to look through the Trixie Camp memory books. I started about midnight, and it was two before I went to bed. Really enjoyed the walk down memory lane, however. We've had some great times on those trips.

Ok, now I am going to give all of you out there a marketing tip.

Yesterday, I got some mail here at work from Union Pen. It was a sample pen to "help you celebrate your institution's 80th anniversary." It's a sample, and we can then order more to give away to people for $1.25 a piece.

First, the obvious laugh. I have no clue how they got my name since I have nothing to do with any decisions like that. Our purchasing manager or one of the VP's would have been a much more logical choice.

However, here comes the really funny part.

The pen itself has a great 80th anniversary logo on it. Then it has Masters College and Semina on one line and Santa Clarita CA 91321-12 on the next.

Did you catch that?

See, while we sometimes refer to ourselves as Masters, on something like this it would be Master's, which is our official name. Further more, we'd want something with Master's College and Seminary on it. I don't see why we'd want all nine digits of our zip code on the pen, but if we did, we'd want all nine, not seven of the nine.

This really makes me want to rush out and order a bunch of these pens.

Of course, I did get a free pen out of it, so it's not all bad. And I get to mock them every chance I get, too.

No comments: