Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Next Chapter in the Saga

or

The reason my mom has started calling me a problem child.

I was doing much better this weekend. Started driving again. Went to game night, which was wonderful!

Mom and Dad left Sunday and I went out and got a head shave in a barber shop. Ever since I started shaving I thought about doing that, and I decided heck with it and did it. Besides, I didn't want something I would have to cut again soon.

Monday, I was planning on returning to work at least part time.

Then I woke up and discovered I was running a slight fever.

It got worse as the day progressed with it reaching over 101 before I went to bed and again in the middle of the night. My surgeon had me go in and have some blood drawn yesterday.

And then my fever broke.

Meanwhile, my wound had really started oozing. It concerned me enough I went in today. Turned out I saw my regular doctor. I have an abcess in my wound that is draining (a good thing). No idea yet how this extra infection will effect healing. Maybe I'll know more tomorrow when I see the surgeon again.

In the mean time, I'm back on anti-biotics. Two of them, including the one with the very bitter taste that kills my appetite.

No comments: