Thursday, February 23, 2006

Complications

So, my appointment got moved from Monday night to Tuesday morning. Major bummer there.

But my appointment did happen Tuesday morning. The good news is that the catheter came out and I don't have to deal with that any more.

Unfortunately, when he took the staples out, my wound opened back up. The insides are fine, it's the outter part that's not healed. The doctor says that means I have some infection in there, which doesn't surprise him with the type of surgery I had.

Meanwhile, he doesn't want to close it back up. Instead, I am changing dressings on it three times a day and I go back to see him again tomorrow.

Mom and Dad are still here, although I think we may be getting on each other's nerves slightly. Still, I appreciate their help.

Hopefully, tomorrow will make things real clear. He says he thinks I might be ok to drive again, which means I could get around on my own. I don't know about returning to work. And this wound might take up to a month to heal.

Mom and Dad had suggested I go back to their place with them since they can't keep their life on hold indefinitely. I thought it sounded fine, but the doctor doesn't like that idea at all.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow and what he says then.

No comments: