Monday, January 16, 2006

Mark Colorado Off the List

So, I promised you a post about my trip today. Guess I'd better get to it.

The weather was actually rather nice while I was there. Yes, it cooled off at night more then I'm used to, but it was warm enough to be winter weather here. Which was a good thing since we were outside a bit Saturday and the wedding itself was up quite a ways out of the city.

My flight went fine on Friday. I wound up with two different airlines and non-stop flights both ways. Only slightly more expensive then the cheapest flight I found.

Had a little trouble connecting with Mom and Dad because they were driving around on one level and I was waiting for them on another. But after half an hour, we finally connected and decided to go down to the 16th Street Mall. It was, well, a shopping center. Nothing special. I actually liked the pedestrial shopping center in Vermont at Trixie camp this summer better.

Then we went to the rehersal dinner. Finally got to meet Carol's finacee. He seems really nice, as is his family. Sat with a bunch of his nephews (late teens/early twenties) and her younger brother.

Saturday was pretty much the wedding all day. It started at 11 and the reception went until four. They had the ceremony itself outside in the sun, and it was comfortable. Really, couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Carol's older brother and his wife were there, and since we haven't seen them for a few years, it was really nice to catch up with them.

Saturday night, we grabbed for food from Albertson's and went back to the hotel room and watched Sky High. Mom and Dad enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it again.

Sunday morning we had to leave early to get me to the airport on time. My flight again was fine, and I was home just a little after noon.

So, I can now say I've been to Colorado. One more state off my list of states to visit. Yes, I'm one of those people who would like to visit all of them. I'm doing fairly well with Western states, and Trixie Camp has certainly helped with Eastern states, but I think I have about half of them to go.

Last night, instead of watching the season premier of 24, we had a SNYF for the youth group. Took them bowling. It turned out to be a late night because we got there late and the students didn't have school today. However, I had to work, so I am dragging like you wouldn't believe. Have been all day. Of course, I'll be doing what I did last year and watching four hours of 24 tonight. I'm sure I'll be so high on adrenilan I won't be able to go to sleep early.

No comments: