Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Last Night Was So Not My Day

Actually, I was having a good day. Not quite as productive as I had hoped, but still decent.

Then we came home.

It started when I realized the floor in the kitchen was wet. It was dripping from all four sides of the frame of the light. I immediately call the Home Owners Association and they call the emergency plummer. He doesn't think he needs to come out since it could be from the condo above. Unfortunately, they aren't home, so he comes out. I'm glad he did, too, because it was indeed a pin hole leak in a pipe. He fixed it, leaving a giant hole in my kitchen ceiling.

Casey had finally remembered to bring home some stuff I was planning to use to try to take off the tape residue from the for sale sign. yeah, I haven't worried about it for two years, but it's beginning to get to me.

Anyway, I use it, and it does no good. It does however, smear all over the window, which I can't get off with Windex.

Naturally, I had to dry the kitchen floor. I went to wash those towels. When the cycle was done, I discovered that it hadn't properly rinsed the towels. And it had a faint electric burning smell again. It's official. I need to get a new washer and dryer.

To top it of, the light in the kitchen isn't working anymore. I don't know if it's because it got wet or what.

Why does this stuff always happen right before I'm supposed to leave town?

Of course, it can all wait until I get back. Still.

Today was much better. I got lots of stuff done at work. Looked at washers and dryers a little at lunch time. And I bought tickets for our game night viewing of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on December 9th. I so can not wait! And Paul brought over his check for December rent. It's official, I'm going to have two roommates starting next week. Of course, we also need to make a little room for him to add stuff. Still, we can make this work.

In other news, our "game" night Saturday was going to see Zathura. Yeah, it's pretty much Jumangi in space, but it was still enjoyable.

Well, I am all packed for my trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law for Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad are already there. I'm really looking forward to this. See you next week and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: