Thursday, January 29, 2004

Surprise, surprise, I'm back. This afternoon, I present an interview thanks to Keith Snyder, author of Coffin's Got the Dead Guy on the Inside as well as three other novels. (I really do need to get the second two read, don't I?)

1. If you could choose someone besides yourself to live 300 years, who would it be?
I’ve been thinking about this and have rejected various people for various reasons. I think I’m going to go with Walt Disney. Surprised? Probably not, but I did put some thought into it. Disney was such a pioneer in family entertainment I would have loved to have seen what he would have come up with had he lived another 240 years. Beside, maybe I would have had a chance to meet him. :)

2. What would your Secret Hideout be like?
It would be a cozy room hidden in a tree or a tower. It would have TV/DVD/VCR as well as computer with internet access in it. But it would more then anything be filled with bookshelves of my favorite books. And an easy chair. I could go there for hours on end with no phone and only contact that outside world if I choose. I could spend hours reading uninterrupted if I so desired, so spend time with the TV or computer or some combination of all three. The exit would be a circular slide. During winter (ok, cool weather), it would land on the ground, but during summer it would let me splash down into a pool. There would be windows on all sides to let in light and fresh air.

You know, I’ve never given this much thought before, but I think I’m going to have to build this now. :)

3. Finish this sentence: "Telephones ___________"
Telephones are wonderful for keeping in touch with family and friends. As long as you actually pick them up and use them.

4. What do you beat yourself up about, with the full knowledge that beating yourself up about it doesn't make sense?
I beat myself up about stupid things I’ve said in the past. Recent past or long past are equal fodder if I get in the mood. I’m also beating myself up for not buying a condo sooner. Not much I can do about that now.

5. What do you get out of book reviewing?
I have always shared my thoughts on books with anyone who will pretend to listen. By writing reviews, I know I’m reaching an audience that might actually care about what I have to say. Hopefully by writing reviews, I can keep my favorite authors in print because of increased sales. Plus I hope that people find new authors they'll enjoy. And I must admit I get a huge thrill when I see my positive votes and rank have gone up. Talk about an ego boost.


RULES:
1 - Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

No comments: