Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I was so excited. I was going to be able to sleep late Saturday morning. Jeff wasn't even working, so I could sleep really late if I wanted to. So, guess who was up by 7:30 Saturday morning. Yep, that's right. Something weird was going on with the pipes. They were making a strange noise and I lay awake until that stopped. Then I got up and started watching the stuff I'd recorded. And the extras in the Babylon 5 season 4 DVD's. Then the remake of The Music Man. Worked on all that until after 3.

Then Jeff and I decided to get serious about the carriage bolts and metal rod we needed for the bunk beds. Would you believe that it's almost impossible to get 1/4 in. by 7 in. carriage bolts? Home Depot and Lowes just had them up to 6 in. One place I called had them in 6 and 8 in. sizes. Finally did find some and got them yesterday at lunch time. Now we just need to cut down the rod and we're good to go.

Meanwhile, I'm rather proud of myself. I hung a new towel bar all by myself, including the sheetrock screws, or whatever they're called. Of course, one side the SRS wound up slightly too far apart, so I can't get that screw in all the way no matter what I try. But considering this was me, I was very happy with myself.

Let's see, what else? I cleaned Jeff's clock at the Stock Market game. About time! Monk starts up again on Friday! I'm going to the launch party for Jerrilyn Farmer's new book tonight. And it's my first dinner in the caf for this semester tonight, too!

As seen on Kathy's blog (amoung others):


My life is rated G.
What is your life rated?


And if you didn't see that coming, you don't really know me. :)

This being Tuesday, I'm a day late for this week's word association:

  1. Mitchell:: Adventures in Odyssey (that is Connie's boyfriend's name, right?)
  2. Mercury:: Venus
  3. Cycle:: Dryer
  4. Engagement:: Party
  5. Alternative:: Route
  6. Gang:: Member
  7. Emotional:: Cry
  8. Skinny:: Dipping (wait, there goes my G rating. :)
  9. Hypochondriac:: Faking it!
  10. Insecure:: Me


Ok, I'm getting better, but I am pretty insecure. I wonder, are most single people insecure? It was really bad a few years ago, but I've gotten better in the last couple of years. Just kinda accepting me for who I am. Of course, it helps that I have more friends now who accept me for who I am, weirdness and all. (I still maintain that liking Trixie the way I do isn't weird!)

No comments: