Monday, June 23, 2003

You'll never guess what! Come on, guess. (Yes, I hate it when people do that, too.)

Looks like I haven't posted since Friday. Friday night was a TV night with me watching just about everything I possibly could. Caught the second season premier of Monk. I think I'm going to have to keep up with it this year. I like how they do such suttle things with it, like Monk walking weird, they should you why, and then just keep on doing it. Never even mention it in dialog. (You still waiting for the guess what? Haven't forgotten.)

Saturday was another lazy day. I didn't even get out of bed until 11 because I was reading. Not Harry, of course. But I did read almost half of A Witness Above. Finally finished (started it backpacking.) Got up, watched some TV, came into the office for some internet time, then decided to hit Borders and Barnes and Noble. Lines weren't as crazy as I thought they'd be, but both places were out of HP5 and neither had put Trixie out early. Speaking of which, my copies of book 1 have shipped from walmart.com today. Wonder why the rest of them didn't. (Is the suspense killing you yet?)

When I got home, I watched some TV I was behind from last week, then I read another book. Ok, so it was the brand new Accidental Detective book, but it still felt like an accomplishment to me. I actually read 300 pages on Saturday and watched several hours of TV. (You'd better not be planning to skip to the end to see what I wanted you to guess on.)

The sun actually broke through the clouds today and is shining right now! That's what I wanted you to guess.

Sunday, I watched the special edition of The Love Bug. Some of the special effects don't quite stand the test of time, but it's a really fun movie, none the less.

Saturday night, Daniel spent the night with me. That would be because Becky kicked them out of their apartment so she could spend a night there and have the jr. high girls over. They're the couple whose wedding I'm skipping to attend Trixie camp this year. Anyway, since Marcus wasn't home, he actually had a bed to sleep in, too. And I spent a few minutes cleaning the bathrooms since they were so bad.

Which lead to Marcus asking me to kill him. I was upstairs with the bathroom fan going, so I couldn't hear a thing. And he walked in and up right behind me. Naturally, scared me like crazy. He was just there for about 15 minutes taking care of a couple things, then heading back to camp. What was so important he'd drive that many hours to take care of, I have no idea, but there he was.

I think that about covers my weekend. Nice and restful. Now, if only I didn't have that lined up for the next coulpe of weekends, I might be happy. (I know, there's just no pleasing some people, is there?)

No comments: